Birth place: Haifa, Israel.
Title & Academic Qualifications: Prof. Emeritus
- 1982: A PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.
An MSc in Statistics from Stanford University.
- 1975: An MSc in Electrical Engineering from the Technion.
- 1967: A BSc in Electrical Engineering from the Technion.
Career Highlights at the Technion and at the ECE faculty:
- 2002: Was awarded the title of Emeritus Professor.
- 1983: Has joined the ECE faculty as an academic staff member.
- Signals and Systems Processing
- In 1997 has founded Savan Communications that developed a DSL modem and was purchased by Infineon.
- In 1993 Appointed as an IEEE fellow.
- In 1993 was a Visiting Principal Research Associate at Yale University.
- In 1993 was a Visiting Associate Professor at Ben-Gurion University.
- In 1997 he has received the IEEE award for technical achievements in signal processing and for his outstanding contribution in static signal processing.
- He was awarded the Technion Excellence in Teaching award 3 times.
- He was granted the Jacknau award for outstanding teaching.